Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rice Cereal is OH SO GOOD!

One of the first characteristics of Baby Jules that has really stood out is her love to eat! This child has always loved her food...cried when feedings were over...and DEFINITELY has always wanted more! Well, in the last few weeks, we have noticed that she always watches us when we eat, and cries because we REALLY think that she knows she is missing out. Well, finally we have started the road to real food for this hungry girl! The day she turned 5 months, we introduced rice cereal. ( I chose this date because that is when I gave Jillian rice cereal...and that seemed to work great for us.) Well, let me tell you...Jules LOVED the food and did fairly well with the spoon considering it was her first attempt at it! I honestly am so ready to give her more food because I think she really is ready for it (and wants it bad)...but I will hold off until 6 months because that is the magic age...apparently. Still...as I have said before...I GUARANTEE that Jules will be on all table food quicker than Jillian's 9 month date. Jules is just way too into the real thing to let this whole "baby food" illusion satisfy her!!!



Here are the many pictures of her first solid food experience. I love how happy she is and how BLUE her eyes show up in these pictures!!!


The first bite...


"Yummy...what is this stuff?????


"Oh yeah, give me another bite!"



Working it around with the tongue...



Distracted by the bib...this is becoming a problem!



HAPPY girl...she loves the real food!



"Is there something on my face?"




So good...



I don't think she can decide what she likes more...the bib or the food!





Here is the sweet Baby celebrating the Cowboys beating Cincinnati by sucking on a pickle...and WOW was it yummy! Don't tell Dr. Levy!!!!




post signature

9 comments:

Mindy said...

no way! She really liked the pickle! That is too funny. Good to see her in a big girl bow as well. :)

Elizabeth said...

It's crazy that Jules is already old enough to be eating rice cereal! She's getting so big- I love the blue eyes and those lips!! You'll have no problem getting her on table food- merrill was the same way!

I'm not a fast enough comment' or for you.... I loved yesterday post- What great pictures!

Anonymous said...

LOVED the pickle pic!!!

Rachel said...

Such cute pictures, I just love those eyes!!! Little Jules is growing up way too fast!!

Tara Gibson said...

that leopard outfit is adorable! Love her little facial expressions! and YEA for the cowboys! I am going to see them play tampa bay while we are in dallas! : ) AND we better be seeing you and carolyn that friday!

Unknown said...

She is so darn cute!!!! And her outfit/bib combination is like visual stimulation overload...no wonder why she is distracted!!
xoxo

Alicia said...

SO cute! And I love that you gave her a pickle. I'll have to try that. Eli has decided he hates real food. He must get that from his daddy because he certainly doesn't get that from me :)

Sorry to hear you were sick! (I'm catching up on blog posts.)

take care!

Summer said...

That girl is SO cute! Her eyes are enormous and so very blue!!!

Mittig family said...

Her eyes really do show up so well in those pictures! She is such a little cutie, and that pickle thing is cracking me up!