Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's official...No More Crib For Jillian

Most of the time, I use this blog to talk about Jillian and how wild and crazy she is...or how she never sits still...etc., etc. I really try not to brag about her all the time because I think people that use their blogs for talking about how perfect their kids are, are silly...and liars! But, I have to use this entry to brag about my little girl! I have already blogged before about moving her to her big girl bed...and how she is still so young and how nervous I was to make the transition. Plus, how is it already time for my precious baby to move out of her crib? (sniff sniff) Well, the transition could NOT have gone any better. She has done fantastic!

We started her with just naps about two weeks ago. There were a few days where she would fall asleep on the floor, but eventually she learned the ropes. Now, every single day, she starts in her bed, gets out to read some books or push her stroller around, and then gets right back in bed to fall asleep. And she has been getting about 2 to 2 1/2 hours of sleep each day! She doesn't even cry when she wakes up...she just gets up and starts playing again! I am so proud of her...I just want to reward her everyday with ice cream or something, but she doesn't get that yet!

Anyway, so I was planning on trying night time in the Big Girl Bed in February. But, I already have the nursery for Baby #2 ready...it just needs the crib. I am obviously in no rush really...I still have 2 1/2 more months to go, but I am just so ready to get these rooms put together. It is kind of my favorite thing to do! So, Monday night, we tried Jillian in her BGB. She did the exact same thing as naptime. She got out of the bed, got some books, got back into bed and fell asleep! She NEVER cried at all. And she slept until 7:45! Seth and I are so excited. I had no idea it would be this easy! (Disclaimer: I am not bragging that my kid is the best or that her childhood is easy...this one incident just happened to work in our favor!) So, as of yesterday, I broke down the crib and moved it to #2's room! Jillian is officially a TINY big girl!

Now Baby #2's room is just about finished and I will post some pictures of that soon. I go to the doctor today for my 28 week appt...and should get a picture of her there. I will post that, the room, and the name very soon!

These pictures have nothing to do with this post really...they are just some of the latest...and who wants to read a blog without pictures?
Jillian after her dose of Motrin...yummy!
Little Drooler

Just Chillin in the Tot Rod
Eating a little brownie!
And Poor Tyson...he never gets a shout out on the blog! Here he is after he got his haircut last week! He is so handsome with that close shave!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe she made that transition so well, its really impressive! I'm so proud of my Jilly...and you...GO B!
Love you!

Kimberly said...

Wow Jillian makes it look so easy!!
I can't wait to see pictures of the new nursery and baby! Any name ideas yet?

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that she's done so well! Can't wait to see pictures of the finished nursery!