Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Here Comes Santa Clause...

This year starting in about October, I have been talking to Jillian about who Santa Clause is and all of that good stuff. We have read books, looked at pictures...she even got some Santa Clause PJ's from her grandparents! So, the child seems to think that she LOVES Santa. We have even been to the mall more times than I care to admit...and every single time we walk by Santa and wave to him and get all excited. I was doing this routine in hopes that Jillian would become familiar with the Jolly Man and hopefully not completely freak out when we did meet him! I know she is only 18 months, but I guess mothers like to believe that they can make a difference, right?

Well, no such luck. We went to the mall on a Tuesday morning...no one is there and we have Santa all to ourselves. We walk up to "The North Pole" and wave and freak out and get excited as usual. Then I get her out of her stroller...still doing good. We walk up to him...still doing good. I am just about starting to think that my plan worked...and then I sat her in his lap! NOT HAPPY NOW! Jillian freaked just like any kid her age would despite my attempts at making this reunion a happy one! We got several pictures, the one below being the best of the worst...and then I picked her back up. As soon as I did, she was fine again and giving out high fives and waving like a crazy person. I guess she didn't want to give up the control and have to actually sit with him. She gets that control thing from her momma! So, here is the lovely picture...I actually love a screaming Santa picture! They are too funny.





Santa also makes his rounds in our neighborhood each year on a fire truck. We took Jillian outside to anticipate his arrival and she acted the same way! So excited about Santa...until he stepped off of that firetruck to give her some candy. She freaked out and we really didn't get any good pictures. But, it looked a lot like the picture above.

And, Finally...A Flashback to Happier Times:



Jillian at 6 months old

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think every child goes through that, but she actually looks cute screaming! hahah...
xoxox

Mindy said...

I agree she looks really cute screaming! And I must add I had completley forgot about the santa pics. I am going to take Elem tomorrow! Hopefully his will be as cute as Jilly's first santa pics.