Saturday, December 18, 2010

What's In A Name

So, my blog sure has been neglected...along with any mention of our third baby.  Poor third child...I hope she knows she is loved just as much as the other two...even though I am so busy with the other two that I forget to mention her on my blog very often!  Well, today I am talking about our third girl.  We do have a name and we absolutely LOVE it.  We tried desperately to think of a name beginning with a "J".  I wasn't originally trying to name all my kids with a "J" name, but it just happened that way with the first two.  So, we really tried with the third also...mostly because so many people expected it.  In fact, I have been nervous to tell the name because I though I might disappoint some people when they find out that her name...DOES NOT...begin with a "J".  Our third girl is going to be named....




Paisley Kate Patterson


My mom has loved the name Paisley since Summer had Ansley 9 years ago.  She had thrown it out there everytime a girl was on the way.  I always loved it too...but I think Mom and I were the only ones!  Then this time, my friend Carolyn mentioned that she heard the name and liked it.  After that, it is all I could think about.  I liked no other name...and soon Seth was on board too.  He started to love it and we both just knew that no other name would fit.  We like Paisley because it is original, very feminine, and we think it fits with Jillian and Jules very well!  So...there you have it. You can now start calling her by her name...if you want!


9 comments:

Marty Rhea Hill said...

B, Love, love, love the name. So cute and it goes perfect with Jillian and Jules. Congrats in the 3rd and last girl to your family. I hope you are well and I am so excited about seeing pics of Paisley Kate soon.
Merry Christmas,
Marty

Team Dale said...

LOVE it

Brandi said...

What a beautiful name! And the picture is precious!!

amywelborn said...

I love it!! Precious!

Michelle said...

I happened upon your blog sometime ago and LOVE reading. I have three sisters-one being my fraternal twin (no one has kids but me) and I feel such a connection as you have two sisters yourself. LOVE your beautiful girls and can't wait to see what sweet Paisley will look like! Love her name...very feminine and unique! Love the idea of sharing her name....I have a little boy and girl...if God should bless us again, might have to steal your idea. Where did you have their shirts made? Michelle

Jessica said...

Such a beautiful name! congrats to you and Seth!
Merry Christmas!
Jess

Jessica said...

Very cute! I love all 3 of their names!

The Mom said...

Very cute picture of your current two girls! We love unique names at our house! (We also are quite fond of three girls in the family!) We hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Kayla

annalee said...

soo very cute! great choice!